Banquet Pantry Cook- Full Time, Disneyland ResortApply Job ID 495706BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Category Culinary Date posted 10/11/2017
Food & Beverage Banquet Pantry Cooks could be working at any of our impressive hotels. Banquet Pantry Cooks are responsible for preparing / cooking menu items to be sliced, fried, broiled, grilled, or steamed expected in a banquet location. They are also responsible for preparing cold food and appetizers in a garde manger environment.
- Prepares, measures, mixes, (follows recipes) and/or cooks basic appetizers (hot/cold), garnishes, salads, entrees, sandwich fillings and other food items temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- May wash, slice and peel vegetables and fruit. May carve and slice meat and cheese. Produces garde manger work for banquets and restaurants May assist Pastry/ Chef Head Baker with cake decorating.
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation. May prepare sandwiches to individual order or on a production line basis.
- May cook, mix and/or season ingredients to make dressings, batters, fillings and spreads. May bake, broil, cook, fry or steam food items as required to complete assigned production. Responsible for ensuring food is cooked to proper standards.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and an ability to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Must have proficient knife skills
- Must be available to work mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the culinary field with a focus on high volume production
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
Company OverviewAt Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRResortRoles, DLRCulinary