Banquet Pantry Cook- Full Time
The Culinary cast members at Disney Parks and Resorts create unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas ranging from catering to fine dining, and pastry to special events. No matter your role, you’ll work alongside world-renowned Chefs to take any dining occasion or celebration to the next level.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Laundered chef whites and kitchen shoes. Opportunities for career growth and culinary development.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Team player
Disney gives me all the tools to be successful, and it helps me in my job to teach others what I've learned from the company. It’s given me great opportunities. It’s given me a great career. Just a great company to work for.- Jay, Chef – Disneyland Resort
I love working for Disney because of the experiences and opportunities available, being able to work in various roles within the kitchen, as it provides me with many different culinary experiences.-Crystal,
The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary® Resort
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 660524BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 17, 2019
Job Summary:Food & Beverage Banquet Pantry Cooks could be working at any of our impressive hotels. Banquet Pantry Cooks are responsible for preparing / cooking menu items to be sliced, fried, broiled, grilled, or steamed expected in a banquet location. They are also responsible for preparing cold food and appetizers in a garde manger environment.
The starting rate for a Banquet Pantry Cook is $16.20 per hour.
- Prepares, measures, mixes, (follows recipes) and/or cooks basic appetizers (hot/cold), garnishes, salads, entrees, sandwich fillings and other food items temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- May wash, slice and peel vegetables and fruit. May carve and slice meat and cheese. Produces garde manger work for banquets and restaurants May assist Pastry/ Chef Head Baker with cake decorating.
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation. May prepare sandwiches to individual order or on a production line basis.
- May cook, mix and/or season ingredients to make dressings, batters, fillings and spreads. May bake, broil, cook, fry or steam food items as required to complete assigned production. Responsible for ensuring food is cooked to proper standards.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and an ability to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Must have proficient knife skills
- Must be available to work mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the culinary field with a focus on high volume production
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRResortRoles, DLRCulinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences
Disability Accommodation for Employment Applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.