Banquets Line Cook/Dinner Cook and Pantry- Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 711546BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 10/08/2019
Job Summary:Banquets Culinary opportunities may include Full Time Line Cook/Dinner Cook and Full Time Pantry working at any of our impressive Hotels supporting intimate to high volume culinary experiences with unique, customized and innovative menus to complement various events.
The starting rate for Banquets Line Cook/Dinner Cook is $18.10 an hour.
The starting rate for Banquets Pantry is $16.20 an hour.
Responsibilities:Banquets Line Cook/Dinner Cook:
- Banquet Dinner Cooks are responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Prepares, seasons, and cooks stocks, soups, sauces, meats, vegetables and other food items for consumption.
- Experience and familiar with kitchen equipment including grill, gas range, electric range, broiler, deep fryer, waffle iron, griddle, skillets, blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and other kitchen equipment
- Portions and arranges food and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- Prepares, measures, mixes (following recipes) and/or cooks, and garnishes appetizers, soups entrees, stocks, gravies, sauces, casseroles and other food items
- Carves meat and able to handle action stations
- Creates and executes intricate specialty hors d’oeuvres
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines, understands measurement requirements and execute them in large format
- Ability to inventory product, read menus and estimate food requirements to create a production plan
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirement, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) while understanding the science in cooking temperatures
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooking cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specification
- Knowledge of food allergens and an ability to assist guests with special dietary needs
- Cleans kitchen equipment including storerooms and stations
- Ability to communicate with guests on stage to explain cooking techniques, answer questions, and engage in a professional manner
- Wash, peel and prepare vegetables and fruits
- Cut, trim and portion meat, chicken, fish and shellfish prior to cooking
- Sears, bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Prepares, measures, mixes,(follows recipes) and/or cooks basic appetizers (hot/cold), garnishes, salads, entrees, sandwich fillings and other food items
- Works with ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, blenders, mixers and slicers
- Washes, slices and peels vegetables and fruits. Carves and slice deli meats and cheeses. Produces Garde Manger work for banquets and restaurants. Assists dessert plate up and presentations
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentations
- Prepares sandwiches and salads on a production line basis
- Cooks, mixes and seasons ingredients to make dressings, vinaigrettes, batters, fillings and spreads Slices, bakes, broils, cooks, fry’s and steams food items as required to complete assigned production
- Responsible for ensuring food is cooked, cooled and held to proper standards and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment, reach-ins, walk-ins, and shelves while practicing all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the culinary field with a focus on high volume production
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and an ability to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Must have proficient knife skills
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, DLRResortRoles, DLRCulinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.