Candy Maker- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 519257BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 01/13/2018
Job Summary:Candy Maker Cast Members will be assisting with all overall candy production, which includes preparing menu items from recipes for consumption throughout the resort. They will also be responsible for promoting a fun and creative working environment and partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product.
Candy Maker Cast Members receive a starting rate of $11.00 per hour.
- Use heavy kitchen equipment. Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Hands are often in water and constant wearing of gloves is required.
- Must be able to adhere/ follow written recipes.
- Apple Decorating: Wash, dry and place sticks in apples in preparation for dipping.
- Chocolate Dipping and Tempering. Temper chocolate by hand and utilize tempering machines to required temperature and proper finish.
- Stock: Re-stock all candy supplies and candy ingredients throughout shift.
- You must be 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrate a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Previous candy making experience preferred
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights, weekends and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.