Computer Artist I – Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 668162BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 05/15/2019
Job Summary:(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $26.52 per hour
Those in the Computer Artist role use equipment and software to design, create, manufacture and maintain permanent and temporary Disney "show quality" signs, menus, graphics, and promotional signs for the Resort.
- Restore and maintain, to Disney standards, existing On Stage and Backstage signage, menus and promotional graphics using digital files, photos, sketches, blueprints and other documentation as available
- Design and produce new signs with visual appeal, appropriate size, theming, material, finish and shape under direction from Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI)
- Produce new project signs from WDI-supplied digital files, sketches, blueprints and specs
- Assist Sign Painters and Pictorial Artists with needed files, film positives, patterns and artwork
- Read the work orders and contact requestors for needed clarification to determine the kind of sign ordered, the work procedures, and the materials required. Help coordinate with other crafts as needed. Track job until it is picked-up, delivered or installed.
- Install signs using basic hand tools and/or electric-hand tools while wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment
- Start, operate, maintain and troubleshoot computer-graphic systems, including large format ink jet and thermal printers and plotters
- Manage projects to completion with minimal supervision in a professional manner with consideration of budgets and deadlines
Basic Qualifications:Schedule Availability - Monday-Friday with occasional shifts on Saturday and Sunday. Typical shifts are 1st shift, with occasional shifts occurring during 2nd or 3rd shift, as needed. Must be available to work on holidays
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Skills and experience to accomplish the above-listed responsibilities
- Proficiency with most of the following: Windows operating system, CorelDraw, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Gerber Omega, scanning software, and digital photography. Must have the ability and willingness to learn the systems with which one is unfamiliar.
- Exceptional computer and sign-production skills
- Thorough knowledge of graphic design, color theory and letter forms and fonts
- Ability to use layout, design, measurement and production tools common to commercial and graphic artists
- Ability to learn the Computerized Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO)
- Willingness to learn and adhere to Disneyland® Resort standard of proper theming and quality
- Ability to color match
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.