Construction Project Management Internship (DLR): Fall 2018Apply Job ID 499239BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Category Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Professional Internships Date posted 11/28/2017
Company Overview: At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We are: Facility Asset Management provides construction project management services and long-term facility planning for the Disneyland Resort. Our focus is to maintain the parks, attractions, rides, resorts, roads, retail shops, and restaurants while preserving the overall show quality of the Disneyland Resort. Our world class project management staff manages all aspects of construction projects including design development, contractor bid and award, field management, and close-out. Day-to-day responsibilities include the development of project scopes, schedule preparation, and budget planning for various assigned projects.
Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of projects as directed by team leader using Primavera project planning software
Provide on-site review, inspections, and reports of work in progress
Provide data analysis and recommendations
Review submittals for specification compliance and maintain submittal logs
Process all relevant project correspondence
Coordinate scheduled field activities with all affected parties
Work alongside department Schedulers to prepare and update project schedules using Primavera P6 software
Participate in estimating walks and assist department Estimators in preparing and updating project estimates
What you bring to the role:
Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on construction and/or project management.
Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Primavera project planning software
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student majoring in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Building Construction or similar major
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Please, no rounding) as shown on a current transcript (please upload a transcript for full consideration)
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (forWalt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; forDisneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship. Position is a full-time, 40 hour work week.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Other”
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.