Disneyland Resort Hotels F&B Dishwasher/Steward - Full Time/Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 889523BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 11/19/2021
Job Summary:Food & Beverage Stewards are responsible for overall cleanliness of our resort restaurants kitchen areas, buffet stations and Guest areas. Stewards may work indoors or outdoors, cleaning all kitchen equipment, tools and supplies as well as all dishes, glasses, and equipment required to serve our Guests. Stewards work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with other kitchen team members or inside Guest dining areas. This role will provide a great opportunity as an entry level position for someone who is interested in a Culinary Career
The starting pay rate for Food & Beverage Steward/Dishwasher is $16.65
- Responsible for working with large dish machines- loading and unloading dishware, glassware and silverware
- Responsible for manually scraping plates, utensils and other dishware used in restaurants prior to washing
- Responsible for manually scrubbing large pots and pans at a pot sink
- Sort pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware and utensils and restock into designated locations
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the area by sweeping, mopping and scrubbing kitchen floors, cleaning floor drains, coolers and freezers and washing and replacing all trash cans
- Responsible for emptying trash and recyclables appropriately including removing all cardboard boxes and placing in appropriate recycle area
- May clean kitchen counters and walls
- May polish items such as silver and flatware
- Monitor water cleanliness in the pot sink and in the dish machines
- Performs deep cleaning according to deep cleaning schedule or as needed
- Follow proper sanitation and HACCP procedures
- Responsible for ensuring chemical storage areas are neat and orderly
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and organization of back dock
- May clean and sanitize areas involving human waste products
- Cleaning inside all hot boxes
- Clean and polish all large kitchen equipment (i.e. ovens, stove tops, counters, sinks, food warmers)
- Remove dirty towels
- Cleaning exhaust systems and surroundings
- Previous work experience
- Previous experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Previous experience working independently with little or no supervision
- Can complete repetitious tasks with minimal supervision
- Full Time Cast Member are required to be fully available 7 days a week
- Cast Members must be available to work all peak seasons and holidays
- Previous dishwashing experience
- Previous experience in a fast pace, high volume restaurant
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.