Disneyland Resort Housekeeping and Laundry Job Fair- January 31, 2018Apply Job ID 518396BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Category Disney Parks and Resorts Date posted 01/10/2018
Disneyland Resort invites you to be our guest and explore exciting opportunities within our Housekeeping and Laundry departments at our upcoming Job Fair on January 31, 9:00am-5:00pm. Come and meet our recruiters and department leaders to learn more about these roles at the Disneyland Resort. This event is open to the public and will focus on finding talent for all of our Housekeeping and Laundry positions. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to apply, interview and accept an offer on-site!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about what it’s like to make unforgettable memories for our guests! Candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to the event, however computers will be available at the event to complete applications.
Full-time and part-time roles may include:
- Food & Beverage Steward/Dishwasher
- Linen Production
- Linen Control
When: Wednesday, January 31st from 9:00am-5:00pm
Where: Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa – Sequoia Ball Room
1600 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim CA 92802
Parking: Located behind Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel®
To access the parking structure, please note the following:
- If traveling north on Disneyland Drive you will pass the hotel and make a left hand turn at the first signal at Paradise Pier Way
- If traveling south on Disneyland Drive you will reach Paradise Pier Way and make a right hand turn at the signal
- Linen Control Cast Members load, unload, deliver and pick-up linens from within the Resort. Responsible for sorting soiled linen and loading into rail to be washed. Also responsible for keeping the laundry facility clean. Working environment may be hot and noisy. Physical requirements include frequently walking/standing, pushing and pulling, bending, twisting, kneeling and lifting
- Linen Production Cast Members work on the production floor folding, feeding, catching, stacking and sorting clean linen. Sorts soiled linen and loads into rail to be washed. Working environment may be hot and noisy. Physical requirements include frequently walking/standing, pushing and pulling, bending, twisting, kneeling and lifting
- Room Attendant cast members clean and maintain all Guest rooms and clean approximately 13 units a day, including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting furniture, changing bedding, vacuuming/cleaning carpets and underneath furniture, touching up windows, walls and baseboards. Also cleans patio/balconies, floors, furniture, folds towels, replaces room items, amenities and linens and changes shower liner and curtains. Delivers requested items to Guest rooms. Additional responsibilities may include change trash can liners by elevators, sweep & mop linen rooms, mop vending machine area and wipe dispensers, clean telephone tables & picture frames in hallways. Working environment may include working in dirty/dusty areas. Physical demands include constantly walking/standing, frequently pushing/pulling, kneeling, lifting, bending and twisting. This role also includes frequently using hands. Work with chemicals and hazardous material (cleaning supplies).
- Valid California Driver’s License required for Linen Control position
- Utilization of radio for communication with Management/Team Members
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to apply Safety in Motion Techniques
- Report any unsafe conditions or equipment in need of repair
- Must support all other Cast Members working on the team
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak and read English
- Must meet the requirements of a physical assessment
- Ability to multi-tasking
- Willing to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must meet scheduling availability requirements
- Previous Hotel Washer/Dryer experience or experience in a similar environment
- Previous Warehouse or similar type work or experience
- Previous experience working in a highly repetitive job- i.e. factory work or heavy machine operator
- Previous housekeeping experience in a Hotel or similar environment
Company OverviewAt Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, DLRResortRoles