Electrician - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 869706BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 10/04/2021
Job Summary:Picture yourself spending your days in Disneyland, knowing you help keep attractions like Splash Mountain and The Matterhorn up and running. Wouldn’t it be cool to put your skills to work on the rides, restaurants and facilities of the “happiest place on earth?” If you’re interested in knowing that your work helps people smile, keep reading…
We’re looking for highly skilled Electricians who have experience maintaining and repairing equipment like that found at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to undertake, apply today to join the team!
This position currently reports to the Reliability Manager/Production Manager.
The starting pay rate for this position is $29.18 per hour.
Responsibilities:You would join a unit whose mission is to keep everything working perfectly – it’s all about minimizing downtime and maximizing Guest experience. Your skills will help keep the kids smiling and the parents feeling safe and secure.
Every day as an Electrician is different. On any given day or night, you might:
- Be called to repair circuits/assemblies at Pirates of the Caribbean;
- Troubleshoot an equipment problem at one of the restaurants to keep the food flowing;
- Re-set breakers on the Haunted Mansion;
- Perform preventive maintenance on the rides in Toy Story Land;
- Repair and maintain electrical/electronic systems/assemblies on It’s A Small World;
- Replace/install lamps and switches to keep the parks, stores and restaurants light and bright;
- Bend conduit or add receptacles, switches and new electrical service to meet the needs of a new Main Street parade;
- Keep the Monorail humming;
- Use your experience and know-how to spot problems before they happen;
- Experience the Parks at night, when the Guests have left and it’s just you and the rides; and
- Enjoy Disney with your exclusive Cast Member perks, including steep discounts on things people like you really use.
Basic Qualifications:We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Electricians with experience in the US Military.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Technical competence, the ability to read and understand detailed instructions, blueprints, flowcharts, schematics and engineering documents, and pass all compliance necessary for technical and safety training;
- Understanding of the control and repair of circuits and motors;
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and comfort working alone or as part of a team;
- Ability to evaluate the scope of a job, determine needed parts/materials, and order through authorized vendors.
- Expertise using common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment, as well as ability to measure current, voltage and amperage;
- Experience operating under Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and other food safety/sanitary guidelines;
- Mastery of the basic math skills needed to do the job, the ability to differentiate colors, computer literacy, and full understanding of the National Electric Code;
- Reliable on-time behavior and the flexibility to work at night as well as on weekends/holidays;
- Good communication skills with outside vendors as well as fellow Cast Members, a Guest/customer focus, high energy, respect for diversity, reliability, and a can-do/team-first attitude;
- Stamina and the physical ability to undertake the job. You might bicycle, bend, kneel, climb, push vehicles to re-position them for repair, work with arms/hands above shoulder level for an extended period of time, climb (sometimes as high as 200 ft.) and more, all on a regular basis.
- Will be required to use 2-way radios, learn CMMS (MAXIMO work order system), attend/pass compliance and other training sessions to ensure correct maintenance documentation.
- 2 or more years of experience;
- Ideal backgrounds include trade school, apprenticeship and related experience.
Preferred Education:We’re more interested in your years of experience – and your mastery of the skills needed to do the job well – than a degree, but education in the field is always welcome.
We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Electronic Technicians with experience in the US Military.
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Electrician position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation training class and Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test.
KEYWORD: dlrcasting, dlr casting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.