Fine Dining Line Cook - Full Time
The Culinary cast members at Disney Parks and Resorts create unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas ranging from catering to fine dining, and pastry to special events. No matter your role, you’ll work alongside world-renowned Chefs to take any dining occasion or celebration to the next level.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Laundered chef whites and kitchen shoes. Opportunities for career growth and culinary development.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Team player
Disney gives me all the tools to be successful, and it helps me in my job to teach others what I've learned from the company. It’s given me great opportunities. It’s given me a great career. Just a great company to work for.- Jay, Chef – Disneyland Resort
I love working for Disney because of the experiences and opportunities available, being able to work in various roles within the kitchen, as it provides me with many different culinary experiences.-Crystal,
The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary® Resort
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 597264BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 26, 2018
Job Summary:Food & Beverage Line cooks could be working at any of our award winning restaurants such as, Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, Steakhouse 55, or Club 33. Line Cooks are responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all bakery menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Cooks at key production stations in the preparation of meats, fish, and poultry by braising, baking, roasting, (oven or rotating spit) and high-level skillet/sauté’ work required in a four star fine dining restaurant.
The starting rate for Fine Dining Line Cook is from $17.00 to $17.60 per hour.
Fine Dining Line Cook will be eligible for our new starting rate of $18.10/hour effective 1/31/2019.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques such as braising, baking, roasting (oven or rotating spit) and high level skillet/sauté work
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- Ability to inventory product, read menus (BEOs, Restaurant Orders) and estimate food requirements to create a production plan
- Knowledge of basic butchering
- Maintains standards and specifications related to food preparation and food handling on a daily basis, understands measurement requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) while understanding the science in cooking temperatures
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications
- Cleans kitchen equipment
- Ability to handle special dietary requests and to work with guests requiring special requests due to dietary concerns
- May prepare sauces “a la minute” using advanced sauce preparation techniques
- Prepares confits and compotes
- Creates seasonings, cures and rubs
- May bone and clean shellfish, cut, trim or grind meats, fish or poultry
- Must demonstrate advanced culinary technical skills required in food preparation and use of kitchen equipment for a four star fine dining restaurant
- Must demonstrate ability to present and discuss menu item preparation with Dinner Cooks, Order/Grill Cooks and Guests
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 5 years experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or Culinary Degree and 3 years related experience
- Previous experience in a Fine Dining Restaurant
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching and motivating employees
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
- Understands the purpose of the knife and when to use it
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guests and fellow cast members
- Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Ability to work with technology (plate costing buffet system, CAFÉ system, KDS, Work brain)
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- This role is Full Time and requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights and holidays
- Bilingual preferred
- Certification from CIA or equivalent
- Vocation school training or high school certification
- Culinary degree or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Basic wine knowledge
- Minimum 3 years experience in a restaurant management related role
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRResortRoles, DLRCulinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences