Food & Beverage Hotel Steward - Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 551066BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 04/26/2018
Job Summary:We get many compliments on the cleanliness of Disneyland® Resorts; Our Stewards (Dishwasher) can take credit for that and are an essential part of what makes the Disney experience so memorable. Working in the kitchens or in Guest Dining areas, a Steward’s responsibility can range from keeping the kitchen spotless to ensuring that every plate, fork and glass our Guests use are gleaming.
The starting rate for a Steward is $11.20 per hour.
Responsibilities:A Day In The Life: These are some of the tasks you might do as a Steward (Dishwasher) at Disneyland Resorts:
- Operate large dishwashing machines
- Clean/sweep/mop kitchen counters, walls, cooling, storage and trash areas
- Scrape/scrub plates, utensils, pots and pans
- Deep-cleaning according to schedule, including bathrooms
- Put away all cooking and serving items
- Hand-polish serving pieces when needed
- Empty trash; maintain trash area
- Follow HACCP sanitation procedures
- Late shift focused on thorough deep cleaning of all kitchen areas.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Push/pull heavy carts
- Lift pots/pans/boxes of up to 50 lbs
- Work in noisy areas/confined spaces
- Listen carefully and take direction
- Use protective/safety gear supplied by the company
- Understand and adhere to all sanitation rules
- Work as part of a team and independently
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts (days, weekends, holidays)
- Share your own ideas on how to make the workplace better
- Previous restaurant experience; understanding of full service environment
- Previous experience working in a hospitality or tourism related role is preferred
- Previous fine dining/table service experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights, weekends and holidays is preferred.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD SEARCH: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.