Food & Beverage Pastry Cook/ Baker - Part TimeApply Job ID 495702BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Category Culinary Date posted 10/11/2017
Responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all bakery menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Will be assisting with all overall culinary supervision promoting a fun and creative working environment. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation and delivery of exceptional bakery items.
Food & Beverage Pastry Cooks receive a starting rate of $13.52/hour.
- Knowledge of some pastry techniques, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- May cook, mix and/or season ingredients when preparing bakery items (i.e. muffins, Danishes , cakes, restaurant items, banquet orders, ice cream or sorbet)
- Knowledge and understanding of tools, measurements, ingredients, equipment, small wares and cooking required for a bakery
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Experience in culinary field/high volume bakery 2 years
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- This role is Part-Time, and requires full availability a minimum of three (3) days a week including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
Company OverviewAt Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary