Food & Beverage Pastry Cook/ Baker - Part Time
The Culinary cast members at Disney Parks and Resorts create unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas ranging from catering to fine dining, and pastry to special events. No matter your role, you’ll work alongside world-renowned Chefs to take any dining occasion or celebration to the next level.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Laundered chef whites and kitchen shoes. Opportunities for career growth and culinary development.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Team player
Disney gives me all the tools to be successful, and it helps me in my job to teach others what I've learned from the company. It’s given me great opportunities. It’s given me a great career. Just a great company to work for.- Jay, Chef – Disneyland Resort
I love working for Disney because of the experiences and opportunities available, being able to work in various roles within the kitchen, as it provides me with many different culinary experiences.-Crystal,
The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary® Resort
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 597266BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 26, 2018
Job Summary:Responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all bakery menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Will be assisting with all overall culinary supervision promoting a fun and creative working environment. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation and delivery of exceptional bakery items.
Food & Beverage Pastry Cooks receive a starting rate of $15.80 per hour.
Food & Beverage Pastry Cook/ Baker will be eligible for our new starting rate of $16.30/hour effective 1/31/2019.
- Knowledge of some pastry techniques, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- May cook, mix and/or season ingredients when preparing bakery items (i.e. muffins, Danishes , cakes, restaurant items, banquet orders, ice cream or sorbet)
- Knowledge and understanding of tools, measurements, ingredients, equipment, small wares and cooking required for a bakery
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Experience in culinary field/high volume bakery 2 years
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- This role is Part-Time, and requires full availability a minimum of three (3) days a week including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences