FT Maintenance Engineer – HotelsApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 708130BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 09/25/2019
Job Summary:(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $24.26 per hour.
The Laundry-Facility Maintenance Engineer will operate, troubleshoot and maintain the industrial-laundry facility and equipment to include washers, dryers, ironers, spreaders, folders, and steam presses.
Responsibilities:Laundry-Facility Maintenance Engineer Duties:
Operate, troubleshoot and maintain the industrial-laundry facility and equipment to include washers, dryers, ironers, spreaders, folders, and steam presses
Other Maintenance Engineer Duties:
- Performs duties including, but not limited to, the maintenance of boilers, chillers, compressors, refrigeration equipment, generators, sound and lighting systems, plumbing, electrical systems, painting and wall covering
- Responsible for the maintenance of hotel Guest rooms and public spaces
- Documents work by initiating and completing work orders in the computerized maintenance program
- Understands energy management systems and operators
- Troubleshoots electrical and mechanical systems
- Evacuations/downtimes - climbs stairs or walkways up to 150 feet high, walks on uneven surfaces, and assists Guest’s in these situations. Pushes up to 100 lbs. Must stay calm in highly stressful situations.
- Interacts with Guests and Cast Members answering questions, providing directions, event information, and other services to help create a magical experience for our Guests and Cast Members
Basic Qualifications:Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining laundry-facility equipment with daily repairs including equipment adjustments, re-setting control formulas for washers, dryers, spreaders, stackers and folding equipment
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Laundry-Facility Maintenance Engineer position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class, and Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam and a semi-annual lead/zinc blood test.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.