Full-Time AC and Refrigeration MechanicApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 713874BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 10/23/2019
Full-Time AC and Refrigeration Mechanic
Tired of driving a service truck all over Southern California?
Does the prospect of having one location to come to work every day sound appealing?
Would you like to help others "keep their cool" at "The Happiest Place on Earth?" If so, Disneyland Resort may have your dream job!
The AC and Refrigeration Mechanic position is responsible for conducting preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of AC and refrigeration systems throughout Disneyland Resort.
This is not an installation position; it requires extensive experience in troubleshooting and repair.
(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $27.50 per hour
Preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repair including:
- Direct expansion (DX) units - packaged or split; air handling units
- Variable or constant volume
- Window AC units
- Roof-top units
- Fan-coil units
- Supply and exhaust-fan systems
- Humidifier systems
- Building-automation or energy-management systems
- CO systems
- Various heating or cooling-only units
- Beverage and ice-delivery systems
- Ice machines
- Gaylord hood exhaust systems
- Taylor soft serve machines
- Frozen-beverage equipment
- Beer-delivery systems
- Juice machines
- Walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
- Read, interpret and trace schematics, research the internet for vendors and suppliers, and use correct repair-and-replacement procedures as depicted in maintenance/vendor manuals
- Evaluate job scope, determine needed parts, and communicate with vendors for parts availability and parts-identifying numbers and order accordingly
- Manage assigned workload through use of the computerized maintenance management system (MAXIMO)
- Use and maintain hand tools and company-issued-specialty tools
- Communicate clearly the equipment status to team management and location customers
- Coordinate and partner with other skilled craftsmen of various building trades
Schedule Availability - Available to work Sunday through Saturday, all shifts (i.e., 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Experience in restaurant refrigeration maintenance and repair
- Experience performing the duties under “Responsibilities,” above
- Experience applying HACCP guidelines to work within restaurants and food preparation environments
- Knowledge of principles of heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, with a thorough knowledge of the handling and use of refrigerants
- Certification as a Universal technician as required by 40CFR part 82 subpart F
- Ability to develop a working knowledge on the various types of air conditioning and air-handling systems, kitchen exhaust systems, variable-air-volume systems, refrigeration-and-food equipment, and beverage systems used throughout the Resort
- Ability to understand thermodynamic properties of air and how they relate to air conditioning systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and mechanical blueprints
- Knowledge of basic electricity and controls as required of an HVAC/Refrigeration technician
- Ability to use the various tools and devices associated with the HVAC/refrigeration trade, including refrigeration gauges, amp probes or clamp meters, vacuum pumps, electrical testers, torches, charging scales, and volt meters
Those assigned to the AC and Refrigeration Mechanic position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test. audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test.
Keywords: refrigeration, air conditioning, ac, hvac, walk-ins, ice machine. dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.