Full -Time Gardener/Tree Assessment TechnicianApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 687018BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 07/01/2019
Job Summary:(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
Pay rate is based on related experience, starting at $18.87 per hour.
Individuals assigned to the full-time Tree Assessment Technician position are responsible for providing on-going tree inspections and documentation for the Disneyland® Resort urban forest and completing work in a safe and efficient manner.
Those in the Tree Assessment Technician (Gardener) position may also be responsible for providing on-going landscape maintenance for the Disneyland® Resort properties while completing work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform daily and routine tree inspections including, but not limited to, tree installation and maintenance activities, soil and planter preparation, planting, structural-tree pruning and removal
- Monitor general plant health, ensure proper irrigation, and make adjustments necessary to mitigate any physical and environmental factors that would otherwise adversely affect the health of the landscaped area
- Monitor and perform tree related work to meet ANSI A300 standards
- Utilize tree-inventory software and hardware for documentation
- Conduct investigations, analysis and diagnosis of tree-related structure, pest or disease issues
- Operate tree-inspection hardware
Additional Horticulture Duties as Needed:
- Perform daily and routine landscape maintenance including, but not limited to soil and planter preparation, planting, spent flower removal, and pruning. In addition, responsibilities may include monitoring general plant health, ensuring proper irrigation, and making adjustments necessary to mitigate any physical and environmental factors that would otherwise adversely affect the health of the landscaped area.
- Perform work using the guidelines as outlined in the Disneyland® Resort Landscape Manual to ensure that the appropriate theme for the designated area is followed
- Assigned individuals may be temporarily or regularly assigned to a designated work location or job function.
Must have the ability to remain calm in highly stressful situations and be knowledgeable of emergency procedures
Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Strong knowledge of tree, insect, and disease identification
- Tree-identification knowledge
- Structural pruning ability
- Knowledge of soils and fertilizers
- Knowledge of cultural principals for optimum-tree health
- Experience with spray equipment and application of pesticides
- Knowledge of principles of landscape construction and installation
Job-Related Education, Licenses and Certifications (or equivalent experience) if any
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to acquire
- Arborist experience
- Degree in Horticulture, Urban Forestry, Natural Science or Entomology
- Tree-maintenance or installation experience
- Irrigation hardware and techniques
- Tree-risk assessment experience and knowledge
- Qualified Applicator license
- Availability to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Individuals assigned to the Tree Assessment Technician (Gardener) position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class. They are also required to submit to an annual audiometric exam.
- Additional technical training will be provided as profiled by the Area Manager-Urban Forester
- Will operate or utilize man lifts, bucket trucks or climbing equipment to access tree-inspection locations
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.