Guest Research Specialist- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 677751BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 06/11/2019
Job Summary:The Disneyland® Resort Research Specialist is responsible for conducting high-volume field research across the Disneyland Resort. They fulfill daily interview assignments in the form of hourly quotas for each assigned study. Research Specialist initiates one-on-one interviews with Guests throughout their shift while handling Guest Service issues. Must be able to handle stressful situations and is accountable for items that include,: Core (daily) studies, completing all assigned quotas, categorization of Guest comments into pre-determined code lists and creating a positive work environment that encourages ownership, integrity and accountability. This role will require confidence and the ability to approach up to 300+ random Guests in order to complete interview quotas.
The starting rate for Guest Research Specialist is $15.75/ hour.
- Entry Studies are fast-paced, high-volume Guest data collection conducted at the Main Entrance of the Theme Parks. Five to seven different Entry Studies in interview form are assigned daily to each Research Specialist in an hourly allotment (quota). These interviews are conducted during the first 6-7 hours of Park operation. The RS must intercept and initiate interviews with entering Guests, scan the Guests’ ticket and read verbatim a series of pre-determined questions.
- Roaming Studies are conducted in interview form and are completed throughout the duration of a scheduled shift. Research Specialists are assigned Roaming Studies daily. The RS must intercept and randomly initiate interviews. The RS will read verbatim and ask a series of pre-determined questions. These interviews are conducted in various areas of the Parks or Downtown Disney.
- Exit Studies are conducted in interview form at the exits of the Theme Parks (during the last 5-6 hours of operation) and also at Downtown Disney. The RS must randomly intercept and initiate interviews. The RS will read verbatim and conduct in-depth Guest satisfaction interviews.
- Special Studies– Special studies are conducted in interview form throughout the Disneyland Resort and focus on specific internal and external client requests.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess the confidence and ability to actively approach up to 300+ random Guest per dy to complete interview quotas
- Ability to probe for unbiased responses
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including typing skills
- Ability to utilize conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships.
- This is an outdoor role that will include exposure to various weather conditions not to excluding sunlight, heat, cold, rain, wind and humidity.
- This role requires constant walking or standing.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain high level attention to detail.
- Ability maintain high-quality work while accomplishing repetitive task
- Demonstrated strong verbal, reading and written skills
- Strong customer service and courtesy skills
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.