Industrial Maintenance Plumber - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 662463BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 04/26/2019
Enjoy the plumbing trade but done with the hassle of traffic driving from job to job?
Does working at one location everyday sound perfect?
Can you see yourself practicing your craft at "The Happiest Place on Earth?" If so, Disneyland Resort may have your dream job!
Disneyland Resort is looking for individuals with experience in service and repair rather than installation and construction. Professional Plumbers who have come from in-house facilities-maintenance organizations may have an edge.
(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $27.50 per hour.
Disneyland Resort Plumbers provide installation, repair, and maintenance of systems and equipment including water filtration, chemical injection, and fire-protection equipment. They also:
- Perform backflow-prevention-device testing and maintenance
- Conduct operational and functional checks of systems and equipment
- Identify and evaluate problems and conditions associated with the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment
- Plan, estimate, test and conduct quality assessments of Resort-wide plumbing and water-treatment requirements
Schedule Availability - Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, and must be open to any days off.
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Experience with installation, repair and maintenance work including with pumps, motors, controllers, fixtures, piping, valves, fittings, strainers, sand filters, water heaters; drinking fountains, eyewash stations, drains and sewer systems, diversion valves and lift stations
- Experience in the demolition of existing, and/or installation of new, systems or components
- Experience conducting preventive maintenance including the use of augers and hydrojetters to clean and clear storm drain and sewer lines
- Experience in the start-up and operation of pumps and motors, sand filters, chemical injectors, fountains and water effects
- Ability to follow checklists or standard operating procedures, blueprints/schematics, specifications and other technical publications associated with the design and construction/installation of systems and equipment
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Plumber position are required to attend annual Blood borne Pathogen Training and Respiratory Protection Training classes. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation and fit test. They can also take part in an optional Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Keywords: dlrcasting, plumbing, plumber, backflow, hydro jetter
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.