Lifeguard - Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1036014BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 01/12/2023
Job Summary:At the Disneyland® Resort, dream jobs do exist. After all, a company built on imagination and wonder means the work will definitely be interesting. The job of Lifeguard Cast Members at the Disneyland® Resort is to ensure the well being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assistance.
Responsibilities:Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations of Recreation locations. Other Responsibilities include:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
- Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Switching out used and clean towel bins
- Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
- Report writing when responding to Guest safety and first aid situations
- Strong swimming experience and ability to swim 200 yards continuously.
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Ability to hear and respond to a Fox 40 whistle
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- CPR/AED certified
- Casual Regular Cast Members must be available to work Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- Casual Temporary Cast Members must be available to work all peak seasons and holidays
- Hours range from 5 AM and closes as late as 11 PM
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights and weekends and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:The pay rate for this role in California is $20.00 per hour.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, lifeguard, life guard, lifeguards, life guards, swimming, pool, pools, slide, slides, aquatic, swim, hotel, lodging, hiring bonus, hiringbonus, incentive
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.