Lifeguard- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 517998BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 01/05/2018
Job Summary:At the Disneyland® Resort, dream jobs do exist. After all, a company built on imagination and wonder means the work will definitely be interesting. The job of Lifeguard Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort is to ensure the well being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assistance.
The starting rate for Lifeguards is $12.75 per hour.
Responsibilities:Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations of Recreation locations. Other Responsibilities include:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
- Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Switching out used and clean towel bins
- Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
- Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the hotel/resort or surrounding areas
- Ensure the safety of Guests, may be a first responder to emergency situations
- Maintain overall upkeep of all cabanas
- Assist with clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Politely ensure adherence to rules and safety guidelines in the Recreation locations
- Greet Guests with positive, friendly and helpful attitude
- Works indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather including extreme temperatures and high humidity
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and management) Physical demands include:
- Ability to swim 200 yards (ability to swim 8 lengths continuously)
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Casual Regular Cast Members must be available to work Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- Casual Temporary Cast Members must be available to work all peak seasons and holidays
- Hours range from 5 AM and closes as late as 10 PM
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights and weekends and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.