Lifeguard- Part TimeApply Job ID 517998BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Category Disney Parks and Resorts Date posted 01/05/2018
At the Disneyland® Resort, dream jobs do exist. After all, a company built on imagination and wonder means the work will definitely be interesting. The job of Lifeguard Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort is to ensure the well being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assistance.
The starting rate for Lifeguards is $12.75 per hour.
ResponsibilitiesLifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations of Recreation locations. Other Responsibilities include:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
- Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Switching out used and clean towel bins
- Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
- Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the hotel/resort or surrounding areas
- Ensure the safety of Guests, may be a first responder to emergency situations
- Maintain overall upkeep of all cabanas
- Assist with clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Politely ensure adherence to rules and safety guidelines in the Recreation locations
- Greet Guests with positive, friendly and helpful attitude
- Works indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather including extreme temperatures and high humidity
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and management) Physical demands include:
- Ability to swim 200 yards (ability to swim 8 lengths continuously)
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Casual Regular Cast Members must be available to work Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- Casual Temporary Cast Members must be available to work all peak seasons and holidays
- Hours range from 5 AM and closes as late as 10 PM
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights and weekends and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Company OverviewAt Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting