Production Artisan (Scenic Fabrication)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID: 598210BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 10/03/2018
Job Summary:(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
A Production Artisan will work with Designer's conceptual art to fabricate dimensional entertainment assets (without the benefit of working drawings) that meet the Designer's vision. This level of skill set and/or years of experience allow artisans the ability to create art which meets Disney standards.
• Maintain existing entertainment elements as the primary fabricators
• Assist senior artisans in the fabrication of new assets
• Maintain safe work environment including respirator use, cleanliness of area, proper chemical documentation
• Maintain records of chemical use and proper hazard waste disposal
Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off.
• Must have the knowledge and working experience representing a broad background of all crafts or disciplines of stage craft including carpentry, scenic painting, sculpting, sewing, properties construction, sign printing
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
• Production Artisans will be required to attend Safety and Technical Training courses as outlined by the Department Managers
• Those assigned to the Scenic Carpentry position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class. They are also required to submit to an annual Audiometric Exam
• Individuals in these functions will need to be tested, pass and be fitted for respirator use as part of standard personal-protective equipment
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.