Pyrotechnician - Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 1108650BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 05/17/2023
Job Summary:Do you have a passion for working with fireworks and nighttime spectaculars? We’re looking for skilled Pyrotechnicians with hands-on experience loading and firing Pyro products. If this sounds like a job you’re ready to tackle, apply today!
Responsibilities:Join the team whose mission is to keep the outstanding Pyrotechnic entertainment working safely and seamlessly!
- Handle the set up, firing, and strike of theatrical and non-theatrical pyrotechnic shows and effects in a wide range of pyrotechnic displays
- Work directly with Entertainment division teams to help generate and build appropriate fixtures, programs, and procedures to support shows
- Assist with the rehab of fixtures and electrical wiring raceway systems between shows as needed
- Drive mechanical transportation including lifts and skiff boats
- Receive and inventory pyrotechnic devices and safely handle and store the pyrotechnics before and during use
- Report to scheduled shifts in a timely manner and able to work in outdoor conditions with heat, cold, and all types of weather
- Work Part-Time which requires full availability for any shift (including nights) during our peak times of the year and year-round availability for holidays and weekends
- Follow the safety standards for pyrotechnics usage as outlined by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Basic Qualifications:To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who is:
- At least 21 years of age
- Has a valid California Driver’s license
- Currently holds a California Basic Commercial Pyrotechnics License, or will soon take Basic Commercial Pyrotechnics License test
- Mechanically inclined and proficient with pyrotechnic diagnostic and trouble shooting skills
- Able to display strong electrical and mathematical skills
- Adept at handling common hand tools, handheld power tools, air powered tools, and air hoses, as well as qualified to connect modules, firing strips, and usage of cables
- Experienced using common pyrotechnic firing systems, including but not limited to pyro digital systems
- Capable of delivering professional, clear, and concise verbal and written messages that facilitate a mutual understanding with fellow employees, vendors, and guests
Preferred Qualifications:Here are the top-tier preferred skills that we are looking for:
- Large scale theme park or commercial pyrotechnic experience
- Apprentice on a professional display crew for a minimum of 2 years
- Work a minimum of 8 public fireworks displays
- California State Fire Training (SFT) certification
Additional Information:The pay rate for this role in California is $29.50 per hour.
If selected, you will be reimbursed for the cost of your active Pyrotechnician licenses by the company, as well as your yearly renewals. Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are looking for someone who has flexible availability to work Sunday through Saturday, all shifts which would include first, second, and third shifts as well as holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Must have flexible availability to work Sunday through Saturday, all shifts (i.e. 1st, 2nd, and 3 rd shift) including holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, pyrotechnician, pyrotechnics
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.