Seamstress Fitter I -Part Time, The Disneyland ResortApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 631181BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 01/18/2019
Job Summary:A Seamstress Fitter works behind the scenes providing critical support as part of the Entertainment Department at the Disneyland Resort. A Seamstress Fitter performs alterations and repairs on costume pieces and costumes. They also assist in building new costumes as required for characters, parades and special events. A Seamstress Fitter also provides support, when needed for Operational Costuming
The starting pay rate for Seamstress Fitter 1 is $15.30/hr
- Perform daily repairs on character and parades costumes including, but not limited to, repairing rips, replacing zippers, and changing/replacing trim
- Perform basic sewing skills (i.e., putting in a zipper with a sewing machine, machine buttonholes, etc.)
- Measure and sew on industrial machines
- Fit/alter costumes for Entertainment Cast Members in show, parade and Character roles
- Perform alterations (i.e. make costumes smaller or larger to accommodate performer size and measure and sew hems)
- Construct new costumes from a pattern (i.e., pinning and cutting fabric, pinning pieces together and sewing either by hand or on a machine) for special events
- Assist Costumers with fittings for special events, parades and Characters
- Must pass a basic sewing skills test
- At least one year of experience operating industrial sewing machines
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, fit, and design
- Ability to cut from both patterns and markers
- Ability to take accurate measurements (i.e., measurements with tape for length of skirts, sleeve lengths, torso measurements, etc.) and alter costumes accordingly
- Straight stitch and “overlock” (invisible stitching) experience
- Knowledge of merrow and hemmer devices
- Ability to follow patterns
- Ability to take accurate measurements
- Ability to communicate with team regarding fittings
- Previous experience working with a variety of fabric types
- Previous experience working with costumes in a theater or show production
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Must have availability to work a varied schedule including the following:
- Available nights, weekends and holidays
- Fully Available during peak seasons.
- Must be Fully Available for ongoing on the job training
- Must be willing to join the local union SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page. IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.