Stable Attendant- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 524689BR Location: Anaheim, California, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Disneyland Resort Date posted: 02/06/2018
The Stable Attendant is responsible for the maintenance and well-being of the livestock, which includes the feeding, cleaning and exercising of the animals. The Cast Member is responsible for the safety of the Guests, Cast and animals. Creates a magical experience for Park Guests while maintaining an efficient operation.
The starting rate for a Stable Attendant is $11.30 per hour.
- Performs basic care for Guests' animals by providing watering. Cast Members are required to clean cages and yard area after use.
- Cast Members answer questions; provide directions/event information, and other services creating a magical experience for our Guests and Cast Members. Must have a positive attitude.
- Cast Members will be required to operate a tractor or a truck and trailer (training provided) must have valid driver license
- Cast Members feed; provide care, exercise, and groom horses and exotic animals. (Grooming horses includes picking up and cleaning out the hooves of each horse every day).
- Occasionally pulls and maneuvers 25-50 lb. bales of hay. (Some bales may weigh up to 120 lbs. that need to be rolled or tipped into a wagon.
- Maintains the grounds by sweeping and raking
- Responsible for all things equine. This includes daily feeding of a variety of draft horses, harnessing for Main St, and keeping all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Must have equine behavior knowledge; reading a horse’s body language, etc to avoid an accident at all costs.
- Cast Members administer medications and medical treatments to animals and assess the animals for signs of injury or illness
- Must be able to work with hay, dust, wood shavings, grains, and a variety of domestic and exotic animals
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Previous experience working with large animals such as horses, sheep, cows, and goats.
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
Company Overview:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles. SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page. IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting