Engineer 2 - Full Time Theme PainterApply Job ID 479744BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Category Parks Professional Date posted 08/11/2017
The Disney culture is enchanting and unique, and we have found a kindred spirit in the living heritage and graceful rhythm of O`ahu. Built on 21 acres of oceanfront, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, welcomes Guests in true local fashion, calling on your natural passion and Aloha spirit to help us cultivate an experience that is upbeat, colorful and rooted in tradition. While our Guests take home happiness, the legends of O`ahu will become as much a part of them as they are of you.Apply
ResponsibilitiesPerform all Engineering repairs and maintenance. This position requires knowledge of surface preparation for the application of paints and coatings to buildings ( interior and exterior), application of stains and paints to furniture and walls, drywall preparation prior to painting, refinishing furniture, props and themed show items. Respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve the highest guest satisfaction while complying with all Disney policies.
- Performs all types of industrial painting work. Extensive knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with the painting trade.
- Mixes, matches, and blends various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special protective coatings to achieve desired color, consistency, and drying properties.
- Wood refinishing knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with the paper hanging trade. Decorative paper, fabric, vinyl, and other types of materials.
- Erects and uses ladders, scaffolding, and scissors lift equipment as required.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Comply with Disney Work Rules and Standards of Conduct.
- Respond to guest calls regarding maintenance of rooms and equipment in rooms or public areas.
- Respond to all emergency conditions such as fires, power failures etc.
- Drywall replacement and repair knowledge.
- Assists in performing preventative maintenance on buildings, furniture and equipment.
- May be required to perform other duties required by management.