Japanese Speaking Food & Beverage Roles - Full Time/Part TimeApply Job ID 476561BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Category Parks Professional Date posted 07/31/2017
|To accommodate our guests arriving every day from all over the world, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa offers a variety of Food & Beverage options at our Lounge, Rooms, and Quick Service/Pool Side and Table Service restaurant locations across property. These teams of Disney cast member’s take pride in bringing the magic to life for our guests. There are a variety of roles and opportunities for our cast members to turn dreams into reality for our guests|
Apply for this posting to be considered for a Full-Time or Part-Time opportunity in one of following Food & Beverage positions:
Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional guest experience in various bar areas around the resort. Perform various drink making techniques which include shaking, stirring, blending and layering. Ability to hold extensive conversations with guests in Japanese, while providing exemplary service.
Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional guest dining experience in the Restaurant and Lounge areas, by welcoming and interacting with guests in a positive and friendly manner. Delivers orders to the Guest’s table or staging area in the dining room/lounge area. Ability to hold extensive conversations with guests in Japanese, while providing exemplary service.
Responsible for greeting guests, running food & drink orders and delivering items to guest tables or staging areas in a timely manner, including delivery to the pool area. May assist server with bussing and anticipating guest’s needs. May pre-bus tables or seat guests and do some side work as needed.
Responsible for greeting, seating, assigning and completing to-go orders for guests. May work in the quick service restaurant locations where they are responsible for taking orders, filling orders, restocking, cleaning, and cashiering. The Host/Hostesses in all areas must have the ability to handle multiple tasks while assisting guests with directions, entertainment and show event schedules and other information as needed to provide excellent Guest and Cast service
- The ability to speak conversationally in Japanese is REQUIRED for these positions.
- Server and Bartender roles, must be at least 21 years of age
- Previous experience in a Bartender or F&B Table Service Server position
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Must meet state requirements to obtain Hawaii Liquor Commission card
- Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
- Ability to anticipate Guests needs and act accordingly
- Strong communication; Able to articulate menu options and ingredients to Guests
- Adept at troubleshooting and ability to own and calmly handle difficult situations
- Previous experience in a fast paced high volume environment
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Previous restaurant experience with an understanding of full service environment
- Previous fine dining/table service experience preferred
- Alcohol Awareness Training (i.e. RVP, TIPS or equivalent)
Company OverviewAt Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Resort operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 4:00 AM and vary as needed. Part-rime requires full availability for any shift a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Training require will require 2-3 weeks of additional availability (day AND evening) and will be required immediately following the start date to complete the training.
Additional Planned time off (vacations or non-paid time off) may not be available without prior approval.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.