Area Mechanic-Monorail System SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 669430BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 05/20/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Responsibilities:Responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of all Monorail onboard and wayside electrical and electronic equipment including microprocessors, programmable controllers, power conversion equipment, AC and DC motors, audio/video equipment, power distribution, and control equipment including fiber optic transceivers, and Control-Net communication networks.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to work from ladders and/or elevated platforms/high reaches
- Must be able to work in some confined spaces
- Highly motivated and reliable
- Requires strong communication skills.
- Need to be willing to cross-utilize into the mechanical field when directed.
- Must possess personal tool to 1”.
- Basic PC skills and ability to work with handheld electronic devices (i.e. radios, iPhones, etc.)
- Ability to work well with others as part of a productive and diverse team.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of Allen-Bradley Control Logix PLC’s, ControlNet communication networks, and various remote I/O devices.
- Must have experience in the operation and maintenance of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment including variable frequency drives, power distribution systems, microprocessor control systems, audio/visual systems, and relay control systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret printed documentation such as schematics and wiring diagrams, Assembly drawings and bill of materials, wire lists, single-line control diagrams, and logic diagrams.
- Must have knowledge of personal computer hardware and software configuration.
- Must be able to understand and trouble shoot three state alarm circuits.
- Should be able to trouble shoot DC motor controls.
- Should be able to trouble shoot and repair 600 Volt DC switch gear, be able to calibrate over current and re-closer devices.
- Need experience in analyzing and troubleshooting digital and analog circuits to the component level.
- Full-Time roles require FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- At least two years of practical hands-on experience with equipment listed above
- Experience with instrumentation such as logic analyzers, digital storage scopes, chart recorders, , Fiber Optic OTDR test equipment, Megger, Low Resistance Ohm meters, Thermal imaging devices.and waveform analyzers
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley PLC ladder logic interpretation is also desired
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:keyword: WDW Casting wdwcasting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.