Attractions/Custodial/Merchandise/Quick Service Foods- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 563631BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/07/2018
Job Summary:Have you ever dreamed of being a Cast Member and bringing the magic of Walt Disney World® Resort to life for its Guests? This team of Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members takes pride in bringing that magic to life for our Guests. From our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels to our Water Parks and Downtown Disney® Area, there are a variety of roles and opportunities for our Cast Members to turn dreams into reality for our Guests.
Apply for this posting to be considered for all four of the following Guest service roles:
Quick Service Foods
Pay rates start at $10.00 per hour and may vary depending on the role offered.
Attractions cast members can work at a variety of both indoor and outdoor locations. Daily responsibilities may include greeting guests, loading and unloading attractions, operating attraction systems, delivering narrations of varying lengths and providing audience control.
Custodial cast members can work at a variety of both indoor and outdoor locations. Daily responsibilities may include cleaning tables, emptying trashcans, cleaning restrooms, using chemicals, heavy lifting, prolonged standing, sweeping, general area cleaning, interacting with guests and answering questions, supplying directions and providing exceptional guest service.
Merchandise cast members have the opportunity to work at a number of locations, both indoor and outdoor locations. Daily responsibilities may include helping guests by answering questions, providing information and assisting with special requests, operating a point-of-sale system (POS register), cash handling, stocking, inventory and light cleaning
Quick Service Foods:
Our Quick Service Food & Beverage team works in fast-paced environments at either indoor counter service or outdoor vending locations. Daily responsibilities may include taking orders, operating a point-of-sale system (POS register), cash handling, fulfilling orders, food preparation, bussing, general cleaning, stocking items and keeping inventory.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Able to effectively work independently or as part of a team
- Prolonged standing for 2 to 3 hours at a time
- Excellent Hospitality skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations
- Receptive to special requests
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping guests
- Able to make independent decisions for our guests
- Self-directed (can complete tasks with minimal supervision)
- Willing to follow instructions & take direction
- Supportive of other cast working on your team
- Can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing to work outdoors even in inclement weather
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Perform all job related functions in a cordial friendly manner, committed to exceeding Guests’ expectations
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred
- Some roles may require the ability to swim
- Some roles may require a valid Driver's License and the ability to drive company vehicle(s)
- Working at various heights may be required for some roles
- Cash handling capabilities and be able to count back proper change preferred
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.