Attractions Mechanic, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 711444BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 10/07/2019
Let’s say you’re going to re-build an engine. Wouldn’t it be more interesting to do it on one of the rides at Walt Disney World? If you’ve ever wanted to “peek behind the curtain” to see the electronics used to run Disney’s legendary rides and attractions, keep reading…
We’re looking for skilled, confident Attractions Mechanics who can shoulder the responsibility of knowing they are responsible not only for the fun our Guests experience, but also for their safety. Attractions Mechanics execute detailed job plans on everything from routine maintenance to completely re-building show vehicles, systems, props and special effects. If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to undertake, apply today to join the team!
Responsibilities:You would join a team whose mission is to keep the rides, attractions and systems all functioning perfectly – it’s all about minimizing downtime and maximizing Guest experience. We do everything by the book, in order, and with precision – you would instinctively uphold the same exacting standards. While you would always be supported by your team, you’d often work solo on a work order, so self-confidence is essential.
Every day as an Attractions Mechanic is different. On any given day, you might:
- Be called to an attraction like Big Thunder Mountain to troubleshoot the engine on one of the cars;
- Walk the track of a roller coaster for routine maintenance;
- Collaborate with your team to get a ride back online and ready for the Guests by morning;
- Ride an attraction – often multiple times! -- to help diagnose a problem;
- Be trained in the coolest, newest, most cutting-edge mechanics tech;
- Perform corrective maintenance on a wide-range of engines, systems and special effects;
- Flex your leadership skills when your specific expertise is called upon;
- Experience the parks at night, when the Guests have left and it’s just you and the rides; and
- Enjoy Disney experiences with your exclusive Cast Member perks, and steep discounts on things you really use.
Basic Qualifications:We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Mechanics with experience in the US Military.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Strict attention to detail, the ability to focus amid distractions, and a work ethic that leaves nothing to chance;
- Multi-year experience in millwright assembly;
- Working knowledge of gearbox rebuild, bearing replacement, and setting bearing pre-load;
- Proficiency in troubleshooting/repairing mechanical assemblies, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, reading and understanding of mechanical assembly drawings, and working all to manufacturers’ torque tolerance specs;
- Ability to interface with electronic controls;
- Comfort working from ladders, elevated platforms and/or confined spaces, since this is a field service position.
Preferred Qualifications:Ideal candidates would have at least 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Engineer in an Industrial production facility with a dedicated, in-house maintenance organization.
Required Education:We’re more interested in your years of experience – and your mastery of the skills needed to do the job well – than a degree.
We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Mechanics with experience in the US Military.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.