Cosmetologist- Full Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 659579BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 04/14/2019
Job Summary:Yellow Shoes? Check! Red pants? Check! Costuming and Cosmetology Cast Members at the Walt Disney World® Resort make sure that the thousands of Entertainment and Theme Park and Resort costumed Cast Members are ready for the show every day.
Cosmetology Cast Members are responsible for maintaining all wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronics figures across the Walt Disney World® Resort, applying facial theatrical makeup and teaching entertainers proper makeup application. Cast Members in this area can also work outdoors in various weather conditions and may have the opportunity to assist in film shoots, parades and convention shows. You must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Florida Cosmetology License to be considered for this position.
Cosmetology Cast Members receive a starting rate of $13.90/hour.
Cosmetology Cast Members will be eligible for our new starting rate of $14.90/hour effective 09/29/2019
- Works with Cosmetology Cast Members to provide wigs styled to an approved corporate design for characters (i.e., Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty).
- Assemble make-up kits (consisting of foundation, blush, eye color and lip color) according to Disney guidelines and following an approved corporate design.
- Preset selected show wigs. Must have the ability to work pin-on, step off and retouches for parades.
- Must have the ability to wash and set wigs and recreate a style from a photo in a clear and defined manner.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and appropriate use of styling tools.
- Assist in assembling, creating, coordinating and organizing makeup kits for performers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a valid Florida Cosmetologist license
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role with or without reasonable accommodation, including frequent walking and standing; lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 lbs; working with a variety of chemicals on a daily basis including hair spray and cleaning solutions (i.e., shampoo, vinegar, etc).
- Two (2) years of working experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- Experience recreating a style from a photo in a clear and defined manner
- Experience washing and setting wigs
- Wig or styling experience with synthetic hair
- Wig or styling experience with human hair
- Styling experience with period styles involving finger waves and French twists
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.