Costume Cam Specialist- Full-Time/Part-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Job ID 413885BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/17/2017
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
ResponsibilitiesCostuming is responsible for providing fully themed looks for our Cast that help bring world-famous Disney stories to life. Our teams develop, build, buy and repair costumes for locations across the Parks and Resorts segment. Our costumes appear on Cast Members, Entertainment Performers and Characters world-wide; in all of our theme parks, resorts, on cruise ships and even in behind-the-scenes areas our guests never see.
Costume Cam Specialists must have a thorough working knowledge of cutting, pattern making and garment construction. In this role, you could develop patterns from costume design sketches by draping, flat patterning or computer assisted patterning. You could also be creating tech packs or digitizing and grading patterns, as well as creating markers using computer programs such as Gerber Accumark.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of garment patterning, cutting, and construction.
- Must satisfactorily pass the pattern making assessment.
- Must be able to work around all types of fibers; manmade or natural.
- Proven communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive, friendly and helpful behaviors.
- Full-Time roles require SEVEN (7) days of FULL AVAILABILITY
- Part-Time roles require a minimum of THREE (3) days of FULL AVAILABILITY, including nights and holidays.
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts.
- Comfortable working in an area where you may be exposed to performers in various stages of dress/undress.
- Proven experience with Adobe Illustrator, Gerber Accumark and/or AutoCAD.
- Proven experience in the Apparel Industry, Textiles, Theater or related field.
- Upper level Undergraduate or Graduate degree in related field of study is preferred.
- Must be able to work with a variety of commercial sewing machines, press equipment and tools.
- Ability to create and modify proportional flat sketch line drawings of complex garments in Adobe Illustrator.