Costume Cam Specialist- Full-Time/Part-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 600850BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 10/11/2018
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Responsibilities:Costuming is responsible for providing fully themed looks for our Cast that help bring world-famous Disney stories to life. Our teams develop, build, buy and repair costumes for locations across the Parks and Resorts segment. Our costumes appear on Cast Members, Entertainment Performers and Characters world-wide; in all of our theme parks, resorts, on cruise ships and even in behind-the-scenes areas our guests never see.
Costume Cam Specialists must have a thorough working knowledge of cutting, pattern making and garment construction. In this role, you could develop patterns from costume design sketches by draping, flat patterning or computer assisted patterning. You could also be creating tech packs or digitizing and grading patterns, as well as creating markers using computer programs such as Gerber Accumark.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of garment patterning, cutting, and construction.
- Must satisfactorily pass the pattern making assessment.
- Must be able to work around all types of fibers; manmade or natural.
- Proven communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive, friendly and helpful behaviors.
- Full-Time roles require seven (7) days of full availability
- Part-Time roles require a minimum of three (3) days of full availability, including nights and holidays.
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts.
- Comfortable working in an area where you may be exposed to performers in various stages of dress/undress.
- Proven experience with Adobe Illustrator, Gerber Accumark and/or AutoCAD.
- Proven experience in the Apparel Industry, Textiles, Theater or related field.
- Upper level Undergraduate or Graduate degree in related field of study is preferred.
- Must be able to work with a variety of commercial sewing machines, press equipment and tools.
- Ability to create and modify proportional flat sketch line drawings of complex garments in Adobe Illustrator.
Additional Information:KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.