Culinary Chef Assistant (Lead Line Cook)-Full-Time-$3000 Hiring Bonus
Lake Buena Vista, Florida | Orlando, Florida
The Culinary cast members at Disney Parks and Resorts create unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas ranging from catering to fine dining, and pastry to special events. No matter your role, you’ll work alongside world-renowned Chefs to take any dining occasion or celebration to the next level.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Laundered chef whites and kitchen shoes. Opportunities for career growth and culinary development.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Team player
Disney gives me all the tools to be successful, and it helps me in my job to teach others what I've learned from the company. It’s given me great opportunities. It’s given me a great career. Just a great company to work for.- Jay, Chef – Disneyland Resort
I love working for Disney because of the experiences and opportunities available, being able to work in various roles within the kitchen, as it provides me with many different culinary experiences.-Crystal,
The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary® Resort
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 580814BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Culinary cast members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. Culinary cast members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Chef Assistants receive a starting rate of $13.95 to 14.73/hour.
$3000 New Hire Bonus
To be eligible for the new hire bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 30 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 180 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 180 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 30, 90, and 180-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
Responsibilities:The Walt Disney World® Resort culinary team is seeking a Chef Assistant to help lead a team of talented culinary professionals to create unforgettable dishes for our Guests.
Picture yourself being a Chef Assistant and having the opportunity to:
- Assist the Chef with overall culinary direction and development of the team, while promoting teamwork and a fun work environment
- Oversee the daily operation and execution of all menu categories and recipes to ensure the quality and efficiency for every dish
- Continue to grow in your culinary career by working in a variety of kitchens and locations without ever having to leave the company
- Create dishes from around the world with endless ingredients at your fingertips
Basic Qualifications:Recipe for Success
- Possess a minimum 5 years’ experience or culinary certification, plus 3 years of related experience
- Proven experience in all stations of the kitchen and multiple cooking skills
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, basic tools, small wares, culinary techniques and ingredients specialized to the location
- Demonstrates knowledge of HACCP, basic food temperatures, proper food handling and good judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Showcases passion for the culinary arts, continual learning and guest service
- Able to follow recipes, make recipe conversions, adhere to food allergies and propose menu items
- Basic understanding of kitchen lingo and etiquette
- Receptive to working on-stage and working on the chef's table, if needed
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, as well as knife skills and basic butchering techniques
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe, clean work area
- Support the chef in their absence and meet with the chef(s) for an overview
Preferred Qualifications:How to Stand Out
- Possess bilingual communication skills
- Be Serve Safe certified
- Proven prior experience as a lead line cook
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting, Chef Assistant, Culinary, Lead Line Cook
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences