Culinary Chef Asst. Pastry/Bakery-FT-$1,500 up to $4,500 Hiring BonusApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 862429BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 09/15/2021
Job Summary:Pastry/Bakery Cast Members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate bakery experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. Pastry/Bakery Cast Members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Chef Assistants Pastry/Bakery receive a starting rate of $19.00/hour.
New Hire Incentive base $1,500 and up to $4,500 pending other criteria
$1,500 New Hire Incentive (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to September 12, 2021 or after January 1, 2022 will not be eligible for this incentive award.
Responsibilities:The Walt Disney World® Resort culinary team is seeking a Chef Assistant Pastry/Bakery to help lead a team of talented pastry/bakery professionals to create unforgettable bakery items and desserts for our Guests.
Picture yourself being a Chef Assistant Pastry/Bakery and having the opportunity to:
- Assist the Chef with the overall direction and development of the team, while promoting teamwork in a fun work environment
- Oversee the daily operation and execution of all pastry items including; timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation
- Continue to grow in your professional career by working in a variety of bakeries and locations without ever having to leave the company
- Create exquisite items from around the world with endless ingredients at your fingertips
Basic Qualifications:Recipe for Success
- Minimum 4 years of from scratch pastry/bakery experience or a culinary certificate and 2 years of from scratch pastry/bakery experience
- Proficient in all functions of the bakery and excellent technical knowledge (equipment, tempering of chocolate, sauce work, bread baking, specialty cakes)
- Must be comfortable working quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated understanding of the science of pastry/baking
- Knowledgeable of multiple advanced pastry/baking techniques and chocolate work
- Proficient with tools, measurements and bakery equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and convert recipes
- Organized, hands-on, detailed oriented with strong analytical background
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe clean area
- Excellent understanding of Food Safety and HACCP
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Desire to work onstage and share knowledge and experience with our Guests.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle high profile projects
- Artistic and creative ability and vision to create high end products
- Will be held to a high standard with exact attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Ability to propose bakery items
- Knowledge of food allergies
- Support the chef in their absence and meet with the chef(s) for an overview
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
Preferred Qualifications:How to Stand Out
- Possess bilingual communication skills
- Be Serve Safe certified
- AS in Pastry/Baking
- Proven prior experience as a head baker
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Cast Members may work a third shift or overnight in our bakeries. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting, Chef Assistant, Culinary, Lead Line Cook, Pastry/Bakery WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.