Culinary Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)-Full Time, Walt Disney World
Lake Buena Vista, Florida | Orlando, Florida
The Culinary cast members at Disney Parks and Resorts create unforgettable dining experiences for guests from around the world. Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas ranging from catering to fine dining, and pastry to special events. No matter your role, you’ll work alongside world-renowned Chefs to take any dining occasion or celebration to the next level.
- Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
- Laundered chef whites and kitchen shoes. Opportunities for career growth and culinary development.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Team player
Disney gives me all the tools to be successful, and it helps me in my job to teach others what I've learned from the company. It’s given me great opportunities. It’s given me a great career. Just a great company to work for.- Jay, Chef – Disneyland Resort
I love working for Disney because of the experiences and opportunities available, being able to work in various roles within the kitchen, as it provides me with many different culinary experiences.-Crystal,
The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary® Resort
ResponsibilitiesJob ID 644092BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Feb. 28, 2019
Job Summary:Culinary cast members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. Culinary cast members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Culinary Cook 1 roles receive a starting rate of $16.00/hour.
Culinary Cook 1 will be eligible for our new starting rate of $17.00/hour effective 09/29/2019
Responsibilities:The Walt Disney World® Resort is searching for a talented Advanced Line Cook who’s looking to push themselves to the next level in their career with our advanced culinary team.
Picture yourself as an Advanced Line Cook where you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property from quick service to fine dining
- Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment where collaboration is essential to success
Basic Qualifications:Recipe for Success
- Show strong attention-to-detail, organizational, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
- Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Have a minimum 3 years of line cook experience or culinary certification plus 2 years of line cook experience at a table service establishment - Fine Dining experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Preferred Qualifications:How to Rise Above the Rest
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Advanced Line Cook, Culinary, Cook
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Paid Time Off
Disney Theme Park Experiences
Disability Accommodation for Employment Applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.