Culinary Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced)–Full-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 619309BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 12/07/2018
Job Summary:Culinary cast members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. With more than 300 Food & Beverage locations throughout property, Culinary cast members experience a world of options, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced) receive a starting rate of $15.00/hourly.
Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced) new hires will be eligible for our new starting rate of $16.00/hour effective 03/03/2019
Responsibilities:Regardless of the kitchen/bakery, our Restaurant Leaders and Chefs are committed to using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. Working with exceptional Chefs and an experienced staff in a "back to the basics" environment ensures that each culinary Cast Member can gain the experience necessary to work at any of our food and beverage locations across property.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights, third shift, weekends, and holidays
- Minimum 3 years pastry/bakery experience or pastry/bakery education and 2 years related experience in pastry/bakery
- Proficient in all functions of the bakery
- Knowledgeable of multiple advanced pastry/baking techniques and chocolate work
- Demonstrated understanding of the science of pastry/baking
- Excellent technical knowledge (equipment, tempering of chocolate, sauce work, bread baking)
- Organized, hands-on, detailed oriented with strong analytical background
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm
- Clear direction and communication skills
- Focus on high level of Guest service
- Positive professional image (on-stage work)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication. Desire to work onstage and share knowledge and experience with our Guests.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle high profile projects
- Excellent understanding of Food Safety and HACCP
- Artistic and creative ability and vision to create high end products
- Must be comfortable working quickly and efficiently
- Will be held to a high standard with exact attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe clean area
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and convert recipes
- Ability to propose bakery items
- Proficient with tools, measurements and bakery equipment
- Knowledge of food allergies
- Serve Safe certified
- AS Pastry/Baking
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.