Culinary Cook 2 (Prep Cook)- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 820288BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/29/2021
Job Summary:Culinary Cast Members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. Culinary cast members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Culinary Cook 2 roles receive a starting rate of $15.40/hourly.
Responsibilities:The Walt Disney World® Resort is seeking Part Time (Prep Cook) Cook 2 looking to start their culinary career with an award-winning, industry leader.
Imagine being a Cook 2 where you would have the opportunity to:
- Cook and prepare dishes for our Guests
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our exceptional Chefs and experienced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Work in fast-paced, environments serving up delicious cuisines using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available from around the world
Basic Qualifications:Recipe for Success
- Perform consistent production and presentation of well-prepared, flavorful food while ensuring the highest sanitation standards (HACCP – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and exceptional Guest service
- Able to understand the importance of and follow a recipe, including identify various food products, dairy, meats and produce
- Demonstrate good judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Knowledge and basic understanding of basic temperatures, food safety and proper food handling
- Display proficient knife skills and knowledge of basic cuts
- Possess passion for the culinary arts and desire to learn more in the Food & Beverage industry
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Able to stand/walk for the entire shift, lift up to 50 lbs. and work in a variety of locations including indoors and outdoors
- Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week
Preferred Qualifications:How to Stand Out
- Bilingual preferred
- Serve Safe Certified
- Previous experience in full-service restaurants
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.