Culinary Job Fair, January 28, 2019, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 627525BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 01/10/2019
Job Summary:Are you ready to use your culinary skills in fast-paced environments that range from catering, to fine dining, to pastry and beyond?
The Walt Disney World Resort invites you to be our Guest and explore Culinary opportunities at our upcoming Job Fair on Monday, January 28, 2019 from 10:00am-2:00pm. Come meet our Chefs and Recruiters to learn more about our dynamic teams that provide unparalleled dining experiences. You will also have the chance to see what it takes to excel in this role through Meet and Greets with our talented Chefs!
This event is open to the public and will focus on finding talent for Culinary roles. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to apply and interview on site. To assist with networking opportunities please bring resumes.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about what it’s like to make unforgettable memories for our Guests! Candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to the event, however computers will be available at the event to complete applications.
Please note: If you are not able to attend the event on the specified date please apply by clicking one of the following links.
Culinary Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)-Full Time, Walt Disney World
Culinary Chef Assistant (Lead Line Cook)-Full-Time, Walt Disney World
Full-time roles may include:
- Full Time Chef Assistant (Lead Line Cook)
- Full Time Chef Assistant Pastry/Bakery (Lead Baker)
- Full Time Cook 1 (Advanced Line Cook)
- Full Time Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced Baker)
Starting pay for select hourly roles has increased, and with our new program, Disney Aspire, eligible hourly cast members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions.
Culinary roles receive a starting rate of $15.00 to $17.00/hour
Culinary roles will be eligible for our new starting rates of $16.00 to $18.00/hour effective 03/03/2019
When: Monday, January 28, 2019 from 10:00am – 2:00pm
Where: ESPN Wide World of Sports– ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill
Parking: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex parking is complimentary for all Guests
*To assist with networking opportunities please bring resumes.*
Responsibilities:The Walt Disney World® Resort is searching for a talented Cooks who’s looking to push themselves to the next level in their career with our advanced culinary team.
Picture yourself where you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
- Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
- Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property from quick service to fine dining
- Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment where collaboration is essential to success
Basic Qualifications:Recipe for Success
- Show strong attention-to-detail, organizational, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
- Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
- Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
- Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
- Have a minimum 3 years of line cook experience or culinary certification plus 2 years of line cook experience at a table service establishment - Fine Dining experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Preferred Qualifications:How to Rise Above the Rest
- Bilingual preferred
- H.A.C.C.P. (food safety training) certified
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING, Advanced Line Cook, Culinary, Cook
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.