Decision Science Internship, Fall 2018 - Orlando, FLApply Job ID 518275BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Category Research Date posted 01/12/2018
Decision Science Internship, Fall 2018 - Orlando, FL
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company, including Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R), Disney Cruise Line, Media Networks (i.e. ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment and Disney Interactive Media in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing and optimization. Key partners to the RM&A organization include Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Research and Operations. Roles within RM&A develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members and Shareholders.
The Decision Science team creates innovative scientific models and data-driven decision support tools to lead the research and design of decision science concepts across The Walt Disney Company. From establishing appropriate science methodologies to implementing continuous innovation, become instrumental in determining the success of our entire global enterprise.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by building operations research and statistical models for various revenue management and pricing systems. The interns help in this process by:
- Performing data collection, data cleaning, data validation, and reporting tasks for revenue management systems and applications
- Supporting the analysis and validation of forecasting and optimization models
- Model and analyze revenue management, pricing, marketing, and other business analytics application using various mathematical, statistical, and simulation techniques
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Strategic problem solving & analytical skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with statistical, forecasting, and optimization software
- Proficient in at least one of the following: R, Python, Gurobi, CPLEX, or SAS
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new science, software applications and tools
- Familiarity with MATLAB, SQL, or Tableau
- Experience using machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency with statistical methods such as linear regression, generalized linear models, and hierarchical/mixed models
- Proficiency with linear programming and / or dynamic programming implementations
- Proficiency with forecasting methodologies
- Proficiency with Bayesian statistics
- Proficiency with discrete event simulation
- Prior research or industrial experience in revenue management, pricing, and/or supply chain applications
- Graduate Level student or recently graduated from a Graduate program (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Master's Degree or PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Math, Economics or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.