Electronic Technician, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 551244BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 04/27/2018
Job Summary:Would you like to walk through Disney’s Parks knowing that your work truly creates happiness? Have you ever wanted to “peek behind the curtain” to see the electronics used to run Disney’s legendary rides and attractions?
We’re looking for skilled, confident Electronic Technicians who can shoulder the responsibility of knowing they are responsible not only for the fun our Guests experience, but also for their safety. Ride and Show Technicians maintain, troubleshoot and repair the electronics, audio and computer-networked systems in Walt Disney World’s attractions and facilities. If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to undertake, apply today to join the team!
Responsibilities:You would join a team whose mission is to keep the rides, attractions and systems all functioning perfectly – it’s all about minimizing downtime and maximizing Guest experience. While you would always be supported by your team, you’d often work solo on a case, so self-confidence is essential. Our Electronic Techs are known for their broad skill sets, but if you have an affinity for a particular type of work, we’d like to help you develop that skill further.
Every day as an Electronic Technician is different. On any given day, you might:
- Be called to Rock N’ Rollercoaster to repair a launch sequence.
- Troubleshoot “President Lincoln’s” animation systems.
- Collaborate with your team to get an attraction back online and ready for the kids by morning;
- Ride an attraction – often multiple times! -- to help diagnose a problem;
- Be trained in the coolest, newest, most cutting-edge tech;
- Perform corrective maintenance on a wide range of systems used for ride-and-show control;
- Flex your leadership skills when your specific expertise is called upon;
- Experience the parks at night, when the Guests have left and it’s just you and the rides; and
- Enjoy the Parks and Resorts with your family during the day, using your complementary passes.
- Strict attention to detail, the ability to focus amid distractions, and a work ethic that leaves nothing to chance.
- Recent experience - and excellent understanding of - power-distribution systems up to 600 volts
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot VFDs (variable-speed-motor controllers), PLCs, and audio-control devices.
- Experience performing preventive and corrective maintenance on lighting systems, AC/DC motors, relay logic, hydraulic and pneumatic control circuits, and closed-loop servo systems.
- Demonstrable skills with associated electronic test equipment.
Preferred Qualifications:We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Electronic Techs with experience in the US Military.
Ideal candidates would have 5 – 10 years’ experience, and skills in areas such as:
- Maintenance of factory/production systems
- Avionics/navigation systems
- Audio systems
- Television or radio repair
- Troubleshooting and repairing RF circuits, power supplies, computer-circuit cards
- Ability to solder new components onto PCBs
- Technical electrical and electronics competency
- Fluency reading/understanding detailed instructions, blueprints, flowcharts, schematics, and engineering documents
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, including knowledge of high and low voltage with an understanding of the National Electric Code
- Dexterity with common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment
- Experience working on/around high-efficiency equipment (i.e. Lasers, Xenon Lamps)
- Animation troubleshooting and repair
- Ride-control systems troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment
Required Education:An Associate’s degree in Electronics is desired but not required. Candidates must have 5 – 10 years of field experience. We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Electronic Technicians with training and experience in any branch of the US. Military.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.