Entertainment Stage Technician- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 709440BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 10/14/2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Entertainment is seeking part time Stage Technicians for live entertainment throughout Walt Disney World® Resort. From our stage shows to parades and special events, the Stage Technician team brings magic to life through innovation, continual training and cutting-edge technology.
These part time opportunities require the commitment to fill at least (2) shifts per week with the opportunity for additional hours based on business needs (could include additional days, overnights, off hours).
Cast Members will receive theme park admission and discounts at select dining, merchandise and recreation locations. And with our Disney Aspire program, eligible hourly cast members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions.
Responsibilities:Our part time Stage Technicians are responsible for the technical aspects of our live shows, parades, and atmosphere entertainment.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds, including overhead lifting
- Proven technical experience and aptitude in live entertainment in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Digital audio and sound reinforcement
- Lighting with conventional and moving light operation
- Video engineering/projection mapping
- Special effects/pyro
- Show Control
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment for theatrical and live entertainment venues
- Ability to work in an active environment, inclement or extreme weather conditions
- Ability to adapt to a physically demanding role that encompasses frequent lifting, climbing, squatting, and standing for long periods of time
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Part-time positions require the commitment to fill at least (2) regular shifts (4hrs – 8hrs) per week
- Understanding of electrical circuitry
- Knowledge of networking and computer skills
- Aptitude for show control/automation
- Leadership experience
- Relevant stage technician experience
- Experience operating scissor lifts, forklifts, etc.
- High School degree
- Active college student in relevant entertainment classes
- College degree or equivalent
Additional Information:KEYWORD: WDW Casting wdwcasting WDW Stage Tech WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.