Floral Designer- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 614232BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 11/19/2018
Job Summary:Floral Designer Hosts and Hostess opportunities available may include Basket Production and Floral Arrangements roles. Basket Production duties may include, but are not limited to, assembling gift baskets and floral prep work. Floral Arrangement duties may include, but are not limited to, floral prep work and assembling arrangements. For both roles, heavy lifting, stooping and bending are required. Floral Cast Members also assist with delivery, process floral orders in a fast-paced computer system, and provide guest information. Previous fresh floral design experience is desired. You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
Floral Designer Host/Hostess roles receive a starting rate of $11.00/hour.
Floral Designer Hosts and Hostesses will be eligible for our new starting rate of $12.00/ hour effective 03/03/2019
Responsibilities:Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling gift baskets
- Floral prep work
- Creating floral arrangements
- Delivering and set-up floral arrangements and gifts across the Walt Disney World® Resort property
- Heavy lifting, stooping and bending are required
- Floral Cast Members must have the ability to work from a floral recipe and design from a photo.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Prior experience working with fresh floral arrangements.
- Prolonged standing for hours at a time and heavy lifting may be required.
- Willing to drive company vehicle and valid driver license.
- This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Previous cashier experience.
- Experience working with weddings, conventions, and special events.
- Previous retail or related sales industry experience.
- Previous computer experience.
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, wdwcasting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.