Food and Beverage Food Handler- Full-Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 818528BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/23/2021
Job Summary:Food and Beverage Food Handler Cast Members are focused on creating a magical and enjoyable dining experience by ensuring the highest quality of food products that are provided to our Guest. The Food Handler works in a kitchen area and supports the location Receiver and Chef. Food Handlers will receive deliveries from vendors or warehouses, labeling and rotating inventory of products and supplies. The Food Handler will have skills of a Steward (Dishwasher) and a Cook 2 including cleanliness of the kitchen and food preparation.
Food Handler roles receive a starting rate of $14.00/hour.
- Maintain sanitation standards for cleaning of all freezers, coolers, walk-in’s, storeroom, and the back dock area
- Operate a SmartPhone device or radio to communicate with Cast Member
- Operate inventory tracking software system
- Operate a pallet to move product from and to different locations within resorts or parks
- Comfortable driving a van or box truck
- General product knowledge to include food, beer, wine, liquor and liqueurs along with support infrastructure
- Food preparation & assembly of food products including but not limited to beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish, gluten, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, and dairy products
- Maintain food safety standard
- Understand and explain menu offerings to Guests and answer questions about the food products
- Prolong standing and walking to various areas of the parks and resorts to include climbing several flights of stairs
- Provide Guest Service when problems arise and assist in finding solutions with Guests and Cast Members
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered
- Valid Driver License
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Part-time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full-Time roles requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Physical role, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, and kneeling
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Proficient in HACCP
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.