Guest Research Specialist Full Time/Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 676218BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/09/2019
Job Summary:"It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences.
Responsibilities:This position focuses on collecting market research through surveying Guests on a variety of topics across all of Walt Disney World property. Cast Members are expected to maintain high quality surveys while still completing assigned work. Must be comfortable approaching Guests and handling rejection. The information obtained is highly confidential and assists leaders throughout the Walt Disney Company in their decision–making processes.
- Own a valid driver's license from any US state
- Must have your own reliable transportation to travel to multiple locations across WDW property
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication skills to speak with guests and cast members
- Ability to approach guests on continuous basis for survey collection
- Ability to manage time in a quota-based environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and have a professional demeanor
- Must have computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Capability to work outdoors during the entire shift in all weather conditions
- Ability to stand and walk during an entire shift
- Ability to wear computer equipment (approximately 5 lbs.)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and bend repetitively
- High school degree or equivalent
- Full-Time position require FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Part-Time positions require Full Availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week.
- One year experience in market research or related industry
- One year experience in sales and/or Tradeshows
- College degree in Education, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations and Psychology
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution
- In-depth knowledge of Walt Disney World property
- Bilingual in Spanish, French, Portuguese, German and Japanese
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.