Laundry Helper- Full Time/Part Time- Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 825228BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 07/19/2021
Job Summary:Laundry Helpers work in a fast paced, high volume production environment utilizing specialized laundry equipment and cleaning chemicals to sort, stack and transport linens across Walt Disney World property. Laundry Helper Cast Members are focused on creating magic for our Guests during their Walt Disney World® Resort stay by ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness & Guest Service. The new hire Laundry Helper will receive 4 Weeks of paid training.
Laundry Helper Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $14.00/hour
- Operate specialized laundry equipment
- Able to read and follow chemical charts
- Perform repetitive tasks individually to help achieve team goals that are set to reach each day
- Comfortable rotating through the following stations daily:
- Side cleaning \\
- Assist in load/unloading trucks with linens arriving/leaving laundry facility
- Performance is monitored by number of garments processed in a certain time frame
- Maintain cleanliness of laundry facility and equipment
- Basic communication skills (able to positively work with Cast Members and leadership)
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (hearing protection, safety googles etc) while doing certain duties
- Part-time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full-Time roles require FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
Preferred Qualifications:• Previous laundry experience in high volume/hotel setting
• Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keywords: wdwcasting WDW Casting WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.