Lifeguard- Part Time - $1000 Hiring BonusApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 562926BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 06/04/2018
Job Summary:Lifeguards at the Walt Disney World® Resort have tons of options and tons of fun!
With 5 beaches, 10 marinas, more than 50 resort pools and two water parks, the Walt Disney World Resort has everything, from lazy rivers to wave pools, to make Guests’ dreams come true. Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assisting in boat or towel rentals. Lifeguards may also have the opportunity to work in a variety of locations throughout property and in different positions, including Pool Attendant, Slide Operations and Marina Operations. Certification training is provided and conducted over three consecutive days weekly. Walt Disney World Resort Lifeguards are eligible for paid training with Ellis and Associates, Inc.
Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $10.25/hour for shallow water, and $11.25/hour for deep water.
$1000 New Hire Bonus Incentive
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 30 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 90 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 90 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 30 and 90-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
Responsibilities:Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations of Recreation locations. Other Responsibilities include:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
- Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Switching out used and clean towel bins
- Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
- Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the hotel/resort or surrounding areas
- Ensure the safety of Guests, may be a first responder to emergency situations
- Maintain overall upkeep of all cabanas
- This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and management)
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Deep Water Swim Test: ability to swim 200 yards , tread water without using hands for 2 minutes, feet-first dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 8 feet
- Shallow Water Swim Test: ability to swim 50 yards, feet-first dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 5 feet
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Casual Regular Cast Members must be available a minimum of three (3) days per week
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights and weekends and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting, WDWCASTING
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.