Maintenance Electrician, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 551512BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Disney Parks & Resorts Brand: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 04/30/2018
Job Summary:How would you like to walk around Walt Disney World like you own the place, fixing the things that go wrong so our Guests’ days go right? If you’ve ever wanted to “peek behind the curtain” to see how Disney keeps all those moving parts humming, keep reading…
We’re looking for skilled, confident Maintenance Electricians who have experience fixing everything from the refrigeration unit in a restaurant, to a pizza oven, to a bedside lamp in a Guest’s room. If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to undertake, apply today to join the team!
Responsibilities:You would join a unit whose mission is, quite simply, to keep everything working perfectly – it’s all about minimizing downtime and maximizing Guest experience. You’ll work on teams, travel through the resorts and Parks by night on fully-equipped golf carts or vans, and have a real level of ownership on repairing things such as HVAC, kitchen equipment, and all sorts of electrical systems and electronics.
Every day as a Maintenance Electrician is different. On any given night, you might:
- Be called to a resort to repair circuits running on 480, 208 or 120 volt panels;
- Trouble shoot 277/120 volt lighting systems in a Park;
- Work on existing (vs. new) three-phase motors, branch circuits and other appliances/equipment;
- Run conduit and pull the correct gauge of wire to match the amperage of a given circuit;
- Repair electrical systems and assemblies;
- Perform preventive maintenance on a wide-range of systems, including motor-control, pump motors and kitchen equipment;
- Use your skills and know-how to spot problems before they happen;
- Diagnose problems in electrical systems and assemblies;
- Experience the Parks at night, when the Guests have left and it’s just you, the rides and resorts, and the warm Florida air; and
- Enjoy Disney experiences with your exclusive Cast Member perks, steep discounts on things you really use.
Basic Qualifications:We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Mechanics with experience in the US Military.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Technical competence, the ability to read blueprints, flowcharts, schematics and engineering documents.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, including knowledge of high and low voltage, with an understanding of the National Electric Code;
- Knowledge of the nature of electricity, current, and the ability to precisely measure current, voltage, and amperage;
- Understanding of electrical circuits, motor function, and ability to understand controls and how to repair them;
- Expertise using common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment;
- Mastery of the basic math skills needed to do the job;
- Deep understanding of how to operate under Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines and other food safety/sanitary guidelines;
- Flexibility to work at night as well as on weekends/holidays.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience;
- Ideal backgrounds include experience as a staff member of an organization responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of large facilities and/or a Resort.
Required Education:We’re more interested in your years of experience – and your mastery of the skills needed to do the job well – than a degree.
We proudly and enthusiastically welcome Mechanics with experience in the US Military.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.