Nail Technician- Part Time, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 587236BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 08/23/2018
Job Summary:Help to put our guests into a deep state of relaxation where they can break away from the everyday. Our team utilizes therapeutic and revitalizing techniques designed to elevate the mind and leave our guests looking and feeling their best. By using all natural products, we help organically rejuvenate our guests with a well-deserved pampering. The Nail Technician is responsible for providing exceptional guest service while providing professional nail, hand and foot treatments. You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
Nail Technician Cast Members receive an hourly rate per hour, and also receive commission and gratuity.
** Please remember to attach your resume along with your application to be considered for this role.**
- Provide consistent professional nail, hand and foot treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Proficient in Natural Nail services, French Polish, Gel Polish, Nail Art and Hand & Foot Massage
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of products to be cost effective
- Possess complete knowledge of all services and products while educating and training guests.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Must be able to perform all nail, hand and foot services offered by Resort spa
- Follow all procedures for recommending home care to each guest
- Must currently hold and maintain Nail Technician license with state of Florida
- Must be able to complete a skills assessment in person at one of our Senses Spas
- Minimum (1) year of experience as a licensed Nail Technician
- Part-Time positions require minimum 3 days of full availability for any shift (between 7:30am - 8:30PM) per week
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Previous experience with ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- Ability to confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Proactive in anticipating guest needs
- Basic computer knowledge
- Previous experience in a spa or hotel environment preferred
- Knowledgeable about the Walt Disney World Resort and surrounding area
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
External candidates may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting SpaRoles WDWCASTING Nail Tech, Spa Jobs, Manicure, Pedicure
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.