Personalization Rev Mgmt & Analytics Intern, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FLApply Job ID 517872BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Category Disney Parks and Resorts Date posted 01/12/2018
Personalization Revenue Management & Analytics Intern, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FL
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across Walt Disney Parks & Resorts including Resorts, Ticketing, Merchandise and Food & Beverage in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing, promotions and optimization. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
ResponsibilitiesDay in the Life:
- Making the Guest experience more personalized on Parks & Resorts websites and call centers
- Partnering with key functional teams to implement initiatives based on business impact and technical feasibility
- Analyzing differences between competing alternative tactics
- Conducting user acceptance tests on new website items and related systems, and troubleshooting issues
- Integrating relevant information from databases to support analytical models
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Creative problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
- Foundational knowledge using Python, SQL or other analytical software such as SAS, and a strong desire to quickly strengthen and apply those skills
- Experience with advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Revenue Management, Economics, Engineering or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.