Pest Control Operator, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID: 551517BR Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business: Walt Disney World Resort Date posted: 04/30/2018
Job Summary:Let’s be honest: You can kill bugs anywhere. Wouldn’t it be more fun to do it at the foot of Disney’s Space Mountain, next to the lion’s den at Animal Kingdom, or in lush gardens of The Grand Floridian Hotel and Resort?
We’re looking for Pest Control professionals who can provide all aspects of pest management service for the famous Walt Disney World properties, including Epcot, The Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and the rest of the Parks and Resorts. Opportunities exist in both “Structural” and “Lawn and Ornament.” You’d get a behind-the-scenes look at how we “make the magic” that few people ever experience!
Responsibilities:You’d join a team that takes care of structural pests, rodent control, lawn and ornamental pests and diseases, termites and wood destroying organisms, native and exotic wildlife, aquatic weeds and mosquitoes. You would perform both preventive maintenance and project work – and you’d be doing it at the “happiest” place on earth!
Every day as a Pest Control Operator is different. On any given day, you might:
- Work in view of the “Floating Mountains” at Pandora to treat for pests, diseases and weeds via a granular, liquid, dust, gel or ULV application, ensuring that all label guidelines are followed and all required personal protection equipment (PPE) is utilized;
- Be watched by elephants and giraffes as you respond to a call at the “Serengeti” to capture and/or trap nuisance wildlife, including snakes and raccoons;
- Be in the Parks at night, when the Guests are gone and it is just you, the rides, and the warm Florida air;
- Diagnose existing and potential pest issues via routine inspections in a gorgeous resort like the Polynesian;
- Educate our Cast Members -- and if they are interested, our Guests -- what preventive, non-chemical steps could be taken to alleviate various pest situations;
- Communicate with your peers across multiple departments to share info and best practices;
- Manage preventive maintenance schedules within an area like Epcot, and ensure that all work is completed;
- Improve your skill set through company-required training and evaluation sessions, for both pest control and other regulatory required programs;
- Enjoy Disney experiences with your exclusive Cast Member perks, and steep discounts on things you really use.
- At least 3 years of documented pest control experience under a licensed operation, and/or a college degree in a related field;
- An understanding of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and a willingness to work in an IPM environment;
- Deep understanding of/compliance with all state and federal laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage;
- Knowledge of common Florida pests, wildlife, plant diseases and weeds, and their signs;
- Familiarity with all state and federal agencies and their laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage;
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to communicate with both team members and clients/partners;
- A valid Florida drivers’ license;
- Since pests never take a break, Disney’s Pest Management provides coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – which means that you need the flexibility to work any shift, any day, including holidays and weekends.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be helpful if you also have:
- State certification as a Certified Pest Control Operator in all categories
- Experience working in the Maximo work scheduling system
- Computer literacy, with some experience using Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Required Education:We’re more interested in your years of experience – and your mastery of the skills needed to do the job well – than a degree.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.